Android v1.1.0

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi Everyone.

Great work with testing v1.0.0, it's now released publicly as the first production release. We have continued to work with the application though and have some new great features to unveil due to the great work of @ahauser and @sengsational, thanks. This release will go public in about a week if testing goes well.

Feature
* Hindi and Chinese translations
* Application shortcuts

Enhancement
* Improved rename GUI
* Remove share feature with application
* Improved selection of identities.

Bugfix
* Handle long URLs.
* Fix "missing argument" error

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: ahauser

RayG

May 20, 2018
UK
Daniel,

Just FYI, I had an SQRL Identity set up on my Android phone, at least I though I did. When your app updated to v1.1.0 the Identity seems to have disappeared. Now it could be that adding an SD Card to the phone cased the storage location to change. I have since imported it again and all is working. What I was unable to locate was the file that the app used for the ID so I have no idea if the "old" one is lurking somewhere in the phone. Is there a way to see what happened?

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @RayG

That's strange, the application location has not changed. Each Android application have a dedicated area for sqlite database storage. I'm using a specific database for identities. Maybe your application updated to the production version and then back to the Alpha version and that might have erased the database. I'm just speculating though.

Best regards
Daniel

RayG

May 20, 2018
UK
Hi Daniel

For now, taken myself out of the beta program. Hopefully all will be OK from here on. I can always opt back in at some point in the future.

Reactions: kalaspuffar

RayG

May 20, 2018
UK
Hi Daniel,

I have been using your app to log in/out to the SQRL forums and I realized that your app is still running in the background and is displaying the password dialogue to the forum. There would appear to be no good reason for this? Should the app exit completely or at least not display that dialogue? If it exited after a successful login it would always be restarted via the browser protocol should the user click on an SQRL login icon. I hope I am not missing something obvious.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Hi @RayG ,

I've also noticed this a while back and wanted to address it but never got around to doing so. I guess I should create an issue for this in our Github right now. Should be easy to fix by marking the login activity with android:noHistory="true" to avoid it showing up in the "recent apps" view.

//EDIT:
Here is a link to the issue if you're interested in following the status of this:

Reactions: kalaspuffar