Android v0.8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi again.

This version took a bit of time due to family and other engagements. I'm still developing and trying to push new versions. This release is a bit smaller when it comes to new feature and future releases will have even fewer. The really fun and inspiring work going on at POEditor is humbling.

As of this release we are almost fully translated into Swedish, German, Dutch and Arabic. Something I thought I never say.

Some languages that would be really good to support in order to increase reach would be Chinese, Spanish and Russian. But all language translations are welcome and I hope that most strings are pretty stable now. Some of the translators have been really good at correcting my broken English as well so hopefully, the original text to translate should become better and better.

Thank you all for your time, and as always bugs, suggestions, and comments are always welcome.

Feature
- All requests to the servers could be answered by an ASK
- Added error dialog to highlight communication errors.
- Language translations (Swedish, German, Arabic, and Dutch)

Bugfix
- We don't backup the key database anymore
- Quickpass was encrypting the wrong key on import no longer kept.
- We now show how many chars to enter on quickpass

PHolder

May 19, 2018
We now show how many chars to enter on quickpass
Not sure if I understand this correctly, but it's usually never a good idea to let someone know how many characters a password is. The usual practice to keep as much useful info out of an attackers hands as possible.

Reactions: 1 person

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Not sure if I understand this correctly, but it's usually never a good idea to let someone know how many characters a password is. The usual practice to keep as much useful info out of an attackers hands as possible.
Hi

Well, that is usually true. Just thought that this was valuable information because
- the quickpass length could be read in settings
- is only prompted on the first try
- and the input stops after that amount of chars to automatically log you in

So it should not be any large harm to inform the user that the quickpass is active.

I was first thinking of a visual indication. But how do you show that only a short input is required?

Thank you for your input.

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
Also since quickpass should be erased after one failed guess it does not help to know its length for brute forcing, unless you can read its hash from memory, and given it can be looked at in the grc client's settings too I don't think it is a problem. Quickpass only exists while the program is running, if I understand things right at least. It being created when the password is first successfully entered in full once after running the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.