Android v0.8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi again.

Finally, I got this version out, I had a hard time with some strange bugs in CPS and textual recovery which made this release a bit delayed.
Not to say that I haven't had enough other things on my mind. The last bug where an EditText box crashes popups for no apparent reason so I had to rewrite the textual input to an activity made me wonder if all the functions shouldn't be broken out to activities but that's a rewrite when all features are in place.

Looking at the list of upcoming things I realize that the client it pretty much feature complete. It can't handle ASK response to any query from the server but that's pretty much it. Rest is cosmetics and rewrite to make the code more readable and maintainable. So we are getting there. Thanks for your support, time and testing.

Here comes a list of the major changes:

Features
- Client Provided Session
- Textual recovery

Bugs
- When clicking the back button, the app opens the same page #bug
- Fix wiring on forms so keyboards close
- Quick pass with the wrong login failed

Minor fixes
- Import from start page is its own thing
- The encryption key for Password section is now quick pass

Reactions: 1 person

shanedk

May 20, 2018
Downloaded this and gave it a try. I have one issue I've noticed:

Importing an identity from a QR code went fine, and I was able to put in the password to decrypt it. Then I tried logging in to the GRC demo server. After typing in the QuickPass, it appeared as though it were working on the screen, but it took me back to the password prompt (with the first four still typed in). I finished typing in the full password and it worked.

After that, the QuickPass worked as it should.

This is on a Pixel 2 XL, Android 8.1.0, May 5 2018 patch level.

Reactions: 1 person

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa

Importing an identity from a QR code went fine, and I was able to put in the password to decrypt it. Then I tried logging in to the GRC demo server. After typing in the QuickPass, it appeared as though it were working on the screen, but it took me back to the password prompt (with the first four still typed in). I finished typing in the full password and it worked.

I can reproduce this as well.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com

If I understood you correctly this happens only after import. I've added an issue for it and will look into it during the next implementation cycle.

https://github.com/kalaspuffar/secure-quick-reliable-login/issues/182

shanedk

May 20, 2018
Yes, it happens on import, because it just happened when I set it up on my Samsung tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.