A video demonstrating SQRL

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
Creating an SQRL Identity:

The reason this first video looks like crap (blurry) is I made the mistake of recording the video at 1920x1200 on my 30-inch monitor and the Vegas project was 1920x1080. I plan on re-recording it correctly in the future. I just want to wait until it's warmer out and my furnace isn't running all the time making it hard to record audio.

Introduction to SQRL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon9

sengsational

Feb 17, 2019
I'm surprised no reactions yet to these videos. They're awesome Adam. You are to be commended! You saved the best for last. The last 30 seconds of the last video are the "killer app" portion.

Now, I must say, that the discussion between the southern gentleman and you in the first video, along with the "mashing" of buttons in that one instance quite exposes you as a true southerner, hehe!

I'd like to personally thank you for your efforts here; you've made this really cool stuff more accessible. I think your activity is to be commended.

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
I'm surprised no reactions yet to these videos.
I don't recall seeing the first one.

They're awesome Adam.
I concur.

It is a non-issue since you plan to re-record it anyway but, there is a hiccup in the first one - presumably from splicing multiple takes - at 7:49 where your selection of export with rescue code only magically reverts to rescue code or password. But, again, nice work.

Last edited:

lrqsuser

Mar 19, 2019
I am a bit confused with the videos (but I do like the demos, good job).

You stated that printing everything out is a good idea, for safe keeping and to protect against a key logger, but the app requires you to type the code, for confirmation, and you also have to type your password. If there is a key logger, it has all of the important information, it seems. Obviously you have other problems if you have a key logger installed on your machine.

hyp0strophe

Mar 19, 2019
I'm surprised no reactions yet to these videos. They're awesome Adam. You are to be commended! You saved the best for last. The last 30 seconds of the last video are the "killer app" portion.
Well done Adam! I want a forum I frequent to be able to use this asap. It would very cool.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
If there is a key logger, it has all of the important information, it seems.
Well the assumption would be that it wasn't there when you created the identity, but was added (by a jealous soon to be ex-partner for example) at some point later. But yes, if you have that issue, you probably have much larger [financial] problems :D

SBlais

Mar 16, 2019
Great videos Adam!!! you have the how to create and how to use videos.... When is the sales pitch video coming out? Basically the video that will get people to want to watch your demos! you know the viral video that will launch sqrl into the stratosphere o_O