A list of SQRL-enabled WordPress sites: add yours here

yobyot

May 9, 2019
One day, if all goes well, there won't be any need for a "registry" of WP SQRL-enabled sites.

Until then, what do people think about starting a thread here with WP sites on which one can use one's SQRL identity with?

I'll go first: my personal blog at yobyot.com is now SQRL-enabled.

IIRC, one of Steve's initial articulations of the value of SQRL was for the situation in which you wanted to comment on something but it was too heavy a burden to create a userid and login, all the while subjecting your info to whatever security (or lack of it) the site owner provided. That's always been an issue for me. In fact, I wouldn't have bothered to write this post if I'd had to "give it all up" in terms of personal information. For the self-defense of my site, I've always had the "user must be logged in to comment" setting on in WordPress. And I've always wondered how much of an impediment it was to comment generation. If SQRL really goes viral, we might find out.

Go ahead and post a link to your site. Hopefully this thread soon will become so unwieldy it's no longer useful.

[Moderator Note: If you want to post your site, please post more than just a link. Give us a little info about your site and/or a reason to visit.]

Last edited by a moderator:

PHolder

May 19, 2018
No offense, but this seems pointless. I'm not going to your site just because you have SQRL enabled.

Reactions: ThejeshGN

yobyot

May 9, 2019
No offense, but this seems pointless. I'm not going to your site just because you have SQRL enabled.
No offense taken...but unlike you, I would visit a site that has SQRL enabled, just because at this point in time it's a novelty. I'm curious who's using it with WordPress.

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
I see nothing wrong with this thread or the idea of it, as long as the sites linked are not spam or malware or such, but I am not sure I will be visiting a lot of sites myself, still it is good to have more test sites, for the wordpress plugin so that maybe more bugs can be shaken out of the code :)

yobyot

May 9, 2019
I had the same "blank" admin page until
  • I removed the other login plugin I was using (in my case, Google Apps Login) and
  • I associated the SQRL identity with my userid in the user's settings. Scroll to the bottom of the users' profile and you'll see a section labelled "SQRL Settings." You can then associate your SQRL identity with a specific user. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like for a specific user in my site's WordPress admin settings.

2019-10-14_07-16-03.png
I didn't see the second point documented anywhere. I chalked that up to it being new and there being no real doc for the plugin. I am not sure the first point is an iron-clad requirement, but I am only too happy to lose Google tracking for visitors who wish to leave comments.

The plugin reminds me of the way some old-school enterprise apps, like Salesforce, integrate with SAML. They accept authentication from a SAML identity provider but they also maintain their own user identity database for authorization. So, the SQRL plugin can authenticate you to WordPress, but WP still maintains a separate user store for determining authorization. It makes sense when you think about it: you have to tell WordPress which user it already knows about is authenticated by which SQRL identity.

yobyot

May 9, 2019
I've enabled "allow anyone can register." Holding my breath...last time I did this it was an invitation to endless comment spam. When I get some time, I'm gonna see if I can hack WP to only permit SQRL login for subscriber level users.

Sente

Oct 20, 2019
I love the features of SQRL on these sites. I wasn't able to comment on your blog though, @brianoflondon . I registered successfully, but trying to post a comment gave an error stating "Some of field value is invalid". I registered anonymously and it worked. It just won't let me comment.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I love the features of SQRL on these sites. I wasn't able to comment on your blog though, @brianoflondon . I registered successfully, but trying to post a comment gave an error stating "Some of field value is invalid". I registered anonymously and it worked. It just won't let me comment.
That's interesting. The anonymous registration option wasn't there when I first installed SQRL so perhaps that is an issue. I'll see.

UPDATE: I changed an option and turned off a requirement that commenters give name and email. You still have to be logged in but I think this will now allow anonymous SQRL users to comment.

Further Update: seems to want an email as a bare minimum to allow a comment. I don't really have the time now to plough into this further.

Last edited:

diabolic

Oct 18, 2019
https://sarah.gives is now SQRL enabled.

For those interested in visiting, it's just a wordpress blog run by one of my friends who likes Vegan food and plant-based diets. I'm helping her with the authentication portion of the site, so feel free and PM me you find anything funky about SQRL. It's a work in progress!

It also lets you try out other auth providers, such as Apple, google, and twitter, if you're so inclined.

Last edited: