“enter your Identity Password” - what is this?

• New SQRL for .Net Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to TechLiam's "SQRL for .Net" server-side middleware. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

reo

May 19, 2018
I am using iOS version: 1-0-281-8362. When I go to sqrl.grc.com and scan with my iPhone (Xs Max), I am prompted to “enter your Identity Password”. I’ve tried the sqrl password, the site password without success. What is the “Identity Password”? I don’t see it in Steve’s documentation. I thought that once I scanned the QR code that I would get in. I think I got that to work at one point.

Thanks in advance.

AlanD

May 20, 2018
Rutland, UK
It should be the password that you set up when you first created your SQRL ID. It is used to unlock the encryption on your iDevice, so that it can respond to the web site. Could it be a "caps lock" issue?

reo

May 19, 2018
Not a caps lock issue as I just copy and paste from 1Password. At one point I changed my password so I used the old one and it sent me to create a new identity. Went back and tried to login with "new" password. After I entered the "new" password, it wold flash "working" until the iPhone went to sleep. Opening it, I'm back at "Enter Identity Password". I'll try getting in from Chrome or Firefox and see if that works and post back here.

ook5

Apr 2, 2019
It’s the password you set to access your identity on that particular iPhone, and is unrelated to any other device. You would have set it when you either created or imported the identity in the app. It’s possibly called “identity” password here to distinguish it from the recovery code.

If you have the recovery code you can re-add the identity to the app and set a new password. Again, it’s the password to unlock the identity on only that device, but I should think most people would decide to use the same password when setting up clients on all devices (phone, windows desktop etc.).

G

Gristle

I'm no longer contributing to this community because the moderator (PHolder) is too closed minded to allow differing options to be expressed freely on this forum. I've been harassed too many times by this little person and he's made it clear I'm not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator: